Sunday when I promised you the recipe to some pretty banging pancakes?
Don't give me that look. I promised didn't I? Better late than never right?
Or should I say a little pancake time.
lion's roar on top of Pride Rock.
Or something else wonderful if sandy feet isn't your thing.
Okay, okay all kidding aside these pancakes really are perfect on a weekend morning when you have no troubles on your mind and you can finally relax for once. Now my only trouble seems to be why on earth didn't I make more?
Chunky Monkey Pancakes
Adapted from Chobani
1/2 cup spelt flour
1/2 cup AP flour
3 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/4 cup wheat bran
1 cup CHOBANI 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 banana, sliced
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Sift together flours, baking powder and salt. Gently mix in wheat brain and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together yogurt, egg, milk, honey and peanut butter until uniform. Fold into flour mixture and mix until combined, but still lumpy.
3. Heat a pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray/butter. Using a soup ladle, spoon out batter into pan. Add a few banana slices and chocolate chips to the pancake. Cook until bubbles cover the surface and the edges start to pull away. Flip and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes.
4. Keep oven on warm and store cooked pancakes in oven until all the batter is gone.
5. Grab a stack of pancakes, drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy!
What I'm Listening to Today
To Travels and Trunks: Hey Marseilles
Cuddle Fuddle: Passion Pit