Wednesday, June 15, 2011
My Big Fat Greek Cupcakes
A beach vacation and suddenly finding out about a super awesome ice cream cupcake contest the night before do not make a good mix. Especially when it's impossible to make said cupcake on vacation because the desired ice cream is only available in Ohio. Insert Adrienne's mind going a mile a minute trying to figure out logistically how said cupcakes can be made.
Jeni's goat cheese and cherry ice cream. For those of you who haven't had Jeni's (you poor unfortunate souls haha), this ice cream tastes like delicious cheese cake and once you eat it I guarantee you will have daydreams about it. To go along with the goat cheese ice cream I decided to make a honey cupcake with pistachio brittle as a topper.
Cupcake Project and Scoopalicious :D
Adapted From Oprah. com
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup plan greek yogurt
1/2 t. vanilla extract
2 cups AP flour
1/2 T. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer. Combine the remainder of the wet ingredients until just combined.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to wet mixture until just combined.
3. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray (or line with paper liners). Squirt a bit of honey in the bottom of each pan. Split batter evenly.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes until browned.
Adapted from Epicurious.com
1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup pistachios, unsalted
1. Combine water and sugar in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 1 minute intervals until mixture is amber in color.
2. Spread pistachios on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Pour sugar mixture over nuts. Put pan in refrigerator until set.
What I'm Listening To Today-I have an Office theme going on. Hmmm...I feel a marathon happening soon :D
Sing: Travis-I have been in love with this song since I was 12. Even better that Pam and Jim shared a moment to it :D
Smile: Uncle Kracker-So I have UK, but this montage of Jim and Pam is undeniably cute
Forever: Chris Brown-from my favorite Office episode of all time